Movie Rantings and Ravings

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Not Such An Experience After All

Bubble (2.5/5 stars)

I was expecting this movie to be a lot weirder than it was. It really wasn't weird at all. I was expecting it to be all kinds of things, but it was, really, pretty dull. Dull characters. Dull plot. Dull message.

You've got a problem when your trailer (I might add, the weirder trailer ever, potentially), the situation under which the movie was released (simultaneous theatre, DVD, and pay per view distribution), and the fact that you used all non-professional actors in your movie is more interesting than the movie itself.

The very end of the trailer said "Another Steven Soderbergh Experience." Well, I'm not the type to say, "oh look, it's so small scale and arty, a masterpiece!". So sorry, I'd skip this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home