Movie Rantings and Ravings

Monday, January 30, 2006

I Don't Know How To Quit Making This Joke

Who was the first person to make an "I don't know how to quit you!" joke?

Was it me, who made a joke about it the very first time I saw the preview for Brokeback Mountain, well before it was actually released?

Was it someone else, who saw the preview before I did?

Was it someone who had read the short story upon which the movie is based, although it might not have seemed as funny in that context?

I have no idea. But the fact is, if you haven't heard it enough already, you will be hearing a lot more very, very soon. If I were the sort to invent drinking games, which I am not, I would put this one in as a category in my Oscar Ceremony drinking game. Or perhaps you could actually bet on how many times someone mentions it during the telecast in Vegas, where you can probably bet on practically anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home