Movie Rantings and Ravings

Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Box Office First For the Year

For the first time, at least half of the top ten box office earning movies have "good" reviews as based on their RT scores.

2 - Monster House 69%
6 - Clerks II 66%
8 - Superman Returns 76%
9 - The Devil Wears Prada 77%
10 - Cars 76%

Way to go, consumers! Although, I did not see any movies this weekend so I did not contribute. I may see Monster House or Clerks II later, or even Lady in the Water (horrible reviews), because I'm morbidly fascinated by how bad it might actually be.

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Ass-kicking. Monster House is definitely worth seeing; I'm holding off on Clerks II as well, since I haven't seen the first yet.

9:33 PM

 
Blogger JW said...

Hm... I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't sure about Monster House, maybe I'll go after all. Clerks 2 I might see (I've seen the first one) if I'm bored but it's not like I am dying for it, I can always watch on DVD.

10:47 PM

 
Blogger RC said...

how funny for your "way to go consumers" line...

pretty funny.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

11:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home