Movie Rantings and Ravings

Thursday, July 06, 2006

How I Didn't See "Little Miss Sunshine"

Okay, so a little while back I saw an advertisement for a free advance screening of Little Miss Sunshine, which comes out later this month. I thought, "excellent! I can see a movie early for once!" The website where you RSVP'd and got an invite said that no recording equipment would be allowed.

Now am I stupid enough to bring recording equipment? Of course not. I got there early, at 6:00, for a 7:30 PM show. Sat in line for an hour and finished reading "All the Names" by Jose Saramago as I was waiting. Finally at 7:00 they started letting people in. As I was about to get into the theater, I saw a guy with a camera, and chuckled. Boy, is that guy stupid or what. Then suddenly the guy searching people says "No one with a camera or laptop will be allowed in the theater!"

No laptops allowed? Without any extra recording equipment? What am I supposed to do with my laptop exactly, record a pirate copy of the movie with electronic telepathy? In any case, I could not get in because there's no way I am entrusting my laptop (which I do not own, as it is for work) with guest services.

So, if you ever go to one of these free advance showings, don't bring anything with you, you never know what they will kick you out for, no matter how ridiculous it seems. I didn't ask if they would've booted me for my IPOD. The funny thing is though, they were letting people in with cellphones, many of which were, I am assuming, camera phones.

Blech.

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

interesting...i'm going to a free guest screening on july 27th...

good word of advice...i'd have never thought they'd look for that stuff..but it makes sense.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

3:56 PM

 
Blogger JW said...

Yeah, I've got one on the 26th.

This time I won't bring anything (:

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home