Movie Rantings and Ravings

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I Hate The Emmys

Well, this has got to be one of the worst and most confusing list of Emmy nominations ever.

You can see the entire list here.

The really, really bad?

1) No Best Drama nomination for Six Feet Under. For that alone I may not even bother to watch the show.
2) A Best Drama Nomination for House, but no Best Actor in a Drama for Hugh Laurie? Come on, he is the entire show.
3) Multiple nominations for The West Wing. Does anyone even like that show anymore, or think it is still good? I never liked it in the first place, but even people I know who used to like it say it isn't any good anymore.
4) No nomination for Mary-Louise Parker, and no Best Comedy Series nomination, for Weeds.
5) No nomination for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for Zach Braff (Scrubs).
6) Two and a Half Men being nominated for Best Comedy Series.

There's many more bad things, I just don't feel like listing them all off here.

The good?

1) Desperate Housewives being shut out of not only Best Comedy Series, but Best Actress in a comedy series.
2) The nominations that Six Feet Under did get (Actor, Actress, Directing, Writing).
3) Outside of The West Wing and Two and a Half Men, the shows in the two main categories are all good.
4) 24 getting acting nominations outside of lead actor (Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress).

I suppose that for the second year in a row, I will watch and hope that The West Wing loses best drama, and not really care about anything else. I'm by and large going to hate the results, just like the nominations, anyway. I suppose I may pull for 24 in all categories for being snubbed in past years, even though it did not make my top five for this year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The West Wing was exceptionally good last season --- they tied up the election storyline quite well.

The two worst drama series nominated have to be "House" and "Grey's Anatomy," both terribly cliched and boring.

Completely ecstatic about the Hugh Laurie snub.

I too am saddened by SFU being passed over for dreck like Grey's.

I'll be watching, expecting some surprises. But, really, KEVIN FRIGGING JAMES?

1:38 PM

 
Blogger JW said...

Kevin James has to be the "what were they smoking, exactly?" nomination.

I think Hugh Laurie should've gotten in myself. I happen to like "House" and "Grey's Anatomy". If anything didn't deserve to get in, it was "The West Wing" and "The Sopranos". Some of the weakest seasons for each series.

Whereas Six Feet Under was great, and the finale was perhaps the best single episode in the history of television in my opinion.

11:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home