Movie Rantings and Ravings

Sunday, June 25, 2006

2005-2006 Television Awards

I thought I would weigh in on the best television of the 2005-2006 season. In the spirit of seeing how much I disagree with the major awards show of the medium, I'm sticking to shows that aired from June 2005 until May 2006. The only show that I watch regularly that did not air during this time period is Deadwood.

I don't like doing acting categories for television as it is, so I will just stick to the two major categories.

Best Drama Series
Big Love (HBO)
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
House (FOX)
Huff (Showtime)
Six Feet Under (HBO)

Winner: Six Feet Under

It was probably my favorite show in the history of television, and the finale was bar none the best single episode of television ever aired. If this doesn't win at the Emmys, or even worse, does not get nominated, the people who vote for the awards should be sent to Taste School.

Best Comedy Series
Arrested Development (FOX)
Entourage (HBO)
The Office (NBC)
Scrubs (NBC)
Weeds (Showtime)

Winner: Scrubs

The most consistently hilarious show on TV. While I like all that I nominated, I think Scrubs had a particularly good season this year. Again, I will have much venom directed towards the Emmys if this does not get nominated. I already know that it doesn't have a shot in a million at winning though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I hate to admit it, but I have not sen any of those shows. I am a total My Name Is Earl fan. Have you noticed all the shows coming out without a laugh track?

7:33 PM

 
Blogger JW said...

My Name is Earl barely missed my list. And yes actually I've noticed shows without laugh tracks. They are a GOOD thing.

10:49 PM

 
Blogger RC said...

i really like house...i've only seen season 1 and waiting for season 2 on dvd...it's just a lot of fun.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

9:54 AM

 
Blogger JW said...

RC,

Fox is currently repeating the entirety of Season 2 (two episodes each day) every Tuesday during the summer.

1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home